Brooks M. Foster
As an associate at Chenoweth Law Group, PC, Brooks Foster practices civil litigation as well as environmental, land use, real estate, and administrative law. Brooks joined the firm in 2002 as a summer associate. He graduated cum laude from Lewis and Clark Law School in 2004, where he was Managing Editor of Environmental Law and a Natural Resources Scholarship recipient. He also earned a Certificate in Environmental Law and served as a student board member of the Northwest Environmental Defense Center (NEDC). He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants, and has worked on cases involving environmental cleanup, hazardous substances, real estate transactions, land use permitting, wetlands violations, construction defects, insurance coverage, and toxic torts.
Brooks graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College in 1999 with a bachelors degree in philosophy and coursework in hydrology and mathematics. After college he spent two years teaching high school mathematics and coaching sports at Holderness School, a prep school in Northern New Hampshire.
Outside of work, Brooks enjoys whitewater kayaking, cycling, running, hiking with his dog, and playing the saxophone.
Brooks' legal assistant is Angie Alcorn (mailto:email@example.com).
Areas of Practice
- 30% Environmental Litigation
- 20% Insurance Coverage Litigation
- 15% Toxic Torts
- 10% Real Estate Litigation
- 10% Construction Litigation
- 5% Land Use Litigation
- 5% Appeals
- 5% Administrative Law
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Oregon, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 2004
- Honors: Environmental Certificate
- Law Review: Environmental Law Review, Managing Editor, 2002 - 2004
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- B.A. (Cum Laude) - 1999
- Major: Philosophy
- Employee and Community Right-to-Know Laws, 2006 Supplement, Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education, Supp, 2006
- Case Law Update, Envtl & Nat Rscs Section of the Bar, 2009
Past Employment Positions
- Rycewicz & Chenoweth, Associate Attorney, 2004 - 2006
- Rycewicz & Chenoweth, Law Clerk, 2003 - 2004