When Probate Disputes Arise, We're on Your Side
During the probate or estate administration process, disputes can arise over the handling, valuation, and distribution of the estate's assets. Given the large financial stakes that may be involved, these disputes can become quite heated. They can also become drawn out, consuming the estate's assets through probate and litigation costs. Therefore, it is important to resolve the dispute as quickly and efficiently as possible, though in a way that protects your interests and provides you with your rightful share of the estate's assets.
Chenoweth Law Group, P.C., is a Portland-based law firm that provides comprehensive representation in all types of estate disputes, including probate litigation and estate administration litigation. Our probate litigation attorneys are experienced, knowledgeable in the law, and determined to obtain the best possible outcome for every client.
What Are Your Probate Concerns? We Conduct Thorough Investigations.
These are but some of the many questions that can arise during the probate process:
- Is the executor named in the will a suitable candidate for the position?
- Has the executor complied with the law in the performance of his or her duties?
- Did the executor fail to comply with his or her fiduciary duties?
- Has the executor mishandled assets?
- Did the executor properly value real estate and other nonliquid assets?
- Did the executor incur excessive costs during the probate process?
- Has the executor failed to distribute property to the estate's beneficiaries according to the terms of the will?
The same issues can arise regarding an estate administrator who is appointed by the court when no valid will exists. We are prepared to represent either side of a case: beneficiaries or executors.
Chenoweth Law Group, P.C., can represent you should a dispute arise over the appointment of an executor or the conduct of the executor during the probate process. As aggressive estate litigation attorneys, we will work tirelessly to protect your rights and help you obtain your share of the estate's assets.
Contact Our Experienced Probate Litigation Lawyers
For a consultation about a probate dispute in Oregon, Washington, or California, contact Chenoweth Law Group, P.C., at 503-446-6261 in Portland or 253-200-5991 in Tacoma.