Jeffrey S. Frasier
Jeffrey S. Frasier is a senior attorney at Chenoweth Law Group, P.C. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts, with a focus on real estate, business, commercial, construction, insurance, environmental, disputes involving wills, trusts and estates, complex personal injury and property damage and other areas of civil litigation. He also assists individuals and entities with business and real estate transactions.
Spending the first 17 years of practice as a Southern California litigator, Jeff honed his skills representing individuals and businesses in courts from Santa Barbara to San Diego. During this time, Jeff developed a reputation as a skilled practitioner, known for an effective courtroom presence and strong written and oral communication skills. Representative clients include manufacturers, distributors, a vocational school, real estate developers, contractors, real estate brokers/agents, property owners, insurance companies, retail businesses and service businesses.
Jeff's approach to problem solving includes avoiding expensive litigation by aggressive and early settlement negotiations and by successful negotiation of settlements in complex business, real estate and construction cases. When settlement is not readily achievable, Jeff takes his advocacy skills and his unwavering client commitment into the courtroom. When not involved in litigation, Jeff seeks to eliminate the potential for litigation by assisting clients in drafting solid contracts with business and real estate transactions.
Licensed to practice in Oregon and California, Jeff received his law degree from Southwestern University School of Law in 1988, and a Bachelor of Science degree in political science from Oregon State University in 1984.
Jeff's hobbies include fishing, mountain biking, running, exploring the wonderful array of restaurants in the Portland area, following Oregon State sports teams and watching all types of sports.
Jeff's paralegal is Skylar Washabaugh (email@example.com).
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Wills and Estates Litigation
- Serious Personal Injury and Property Damage
- Insurance Disputes
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1988
- Oregon, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1993
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1988
- Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
- B.S. - 1984
- Major: Political Science
- Property Owners
- Business Owners
- Individuals with Tort Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1989 - 2006
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Member, 1994 - 2006
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1994 - 1997
- Ventura County Bar Association, Member, 1994 - 2006
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- Oregon Remodelers Association, Member of Government Affairs Committee
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
Past Employment Positions
- Silver & Arsht, Senior Attorney, 1994 - 2006
- Offices of Jeffrey S. Frasier, Sole Practitioner, 1992 - 1994
- Lang, Hanigan & Carvalho, Associate Attorney, 1990 - 1992
- Feinberg, Gottlieb & Grossman, Associate Attorney, 1988 - 1990
Pro Bono Activities
- Mentor, Lewis & Clark Law School Mentor Program, 2006 - 2008
- Judge, Ventura County Teen Court, 2000 - 2005
- Coach, Lake Oswego High School Mock Trial Team, 2007
- Coach, Thousand Oaks High School Mock Trial Team, 1999 - 2000
- Board of Directors Youth Baseball Association in Simi Valley, CA, 1995 - 1997
- Board of Directors Youth Baseball Association in Simi Valley, CA, 1999 - 2003